Q: Will there be nudity?
- Nudity is allowed in the space. There will be many practices where you will be able to choose to do with or without clothes. Please keep in mind it is always your choice. We encourage you to always be in tune with your body and respect your own boundaries. In no way is nudity imposed at any moment.
Q: Will there be sexual interactions?
- Sex and any form of penetration is welcome and invited within the privacy of your room. In the common space we may work with nudity, and we will work with touch and intimacy, but we will not go into sex or any form of penetration. This is for the comfort of other participants of the retreat, as well as other people in the resort. And we want to respect the local culture.
Q: Will I be doing all practices with my partner? Or will we be switching partners?
- There will be some practices that we will do together, in a group. We will have circles and sharing time, and sometimes we will want to leverage the energy of more people to experience the benefits. However, the core of the retreat is the intimate exercises that you will be doing with your partner, so you can go deeply, connect and expand your relationship.
Q: I am single. Can I still do the program?
- This program is only for couples.
Q: Is this retreat only for heterosexual couples?
- Yes. This is a matter of logistics and the nature of certain exercises. We do not discriminate against any expression of love or sexuality and hopefully in the future we will be able to host events for all types of relationships.
Q: I'm very excited to attend, but my partner isn't sure about it yet. What should I tell them?
- This is a common issue that we see in some of our couples clients. You may be super excited about attending the retreat, but your partner still has some reservations. Or maybe you're afraid that your partner will take it personally if you even approach them about attending the retreat as they may think you're implying that something is wrong with the relationship. Sometimes one partner is ready to evolve, grow and challenge themselves in the relationship, while the other is not ready for change. If you're experiencing something along these lines, here's how you can talk to your partner to help get them excited about attending this retreat:
Make it clear that you are not trying to fix your partner.
- Assure them about your motivations. If you don't think your relationship is broken, and you simply want to expand the possibilities of an already great partnership, make that very clear to them.
- Complement your partner on all the qualities you love about them and the relationship.
- Make sure to express your own vulnerabilities in wanting to attend this retreat.
- Maybe you wouldn't even have the courage to ask your partner to attend if it wasn't for their open and accepting nature. Perhaps their support and love is what fuels you to expand your comfort zone and dive deeper in to the relationship with them.
- Share your reasons for wanting to attend the retreat. Let your partner know exactly why you want to come. It may turn out that they are excited to attend as a way to help you get what you desire.
- Help your partner see the benefits for them in attending the couples retreat. You know your partner best. Maybe they've been wanting to pursue certain experiences that you haven't felt comfortable with. Could this intimate couples retreat be an opportunity for you both to explore new territory together?
If you would like some help, we are more than happy to speak with your partner to give them assurances about what to expect and answer any of their questions.
They can contact us anytime at [email protected]