This book is about...
- The many ways you can be open, from discussing your crushes with your partner to having multiple sexual lovers. What it's like to be a primary vs secondary partner, a cuddle buddy or a lover. From having multiple boy/girlfriends at a time to doing polyamory when you're single.
- The fluidity of a relationship, treating it like a living organism and adjusting it to what you need in this very moment. And how this can mean that a closed relationship opens up as much as an open relationships closes down for a while.
- The difference between the healthy and the toxic sexual attraction. Understanding when you desire someone because they match your core wounding and how being intimate with them can cause you pain and even re-create your trauma.
- Looking at sex beyond the physical experience. What happens to your energy when you become intimate with another person, how their energy impacts yours, how it can nurture you, or drain you. How to choose partners that will be good for you.
- How to use an open relationship to increase your power to manifest, speed up physical or emotional healing, let go of toxic patterns and replace them with more positive beliefs, get more willpower, more vitality, let go of the need to control everything, and much more :) This is a secret manifesting power of sexual energy (what Tantra calls "sex magic") and its potential increases with multiple partners.
- Redefining what an open relationship is. In fact, redefining what a relationship is, and experiencing the freedom outside of the social regulations, the excitement of the unknown and the full presence in the moment.
- Opening your heart. Trusting your heart and following it. And how to do relationships, closed or open, from your heart's deepest longing for oneness, growth and unconditional love, instead from a please of fear, feelings on unworthiness and pain of being rejected.
- The shadows of polyamory that no one wants to talk about. When an open relationship becomes an excuse for hedonistic behavior, when the sexual energy takes over and when it's used as a cover up for unhealthy patterns and toxic tendencies.
- Using open relationships to build sisterhoods and brotherhoods instead of jealousy and competition.
- Dealing with shame, guilt and judgement from family, friends and/or society
- How to use open relationships as a spiritual path. Exploring Tantric approach to relationships, and how multiple partners can help you experience oneness and deeper state of mind.
- and much, much more :)
About the author, Magda Kay
Hi, I'm Magda. I'm a Sensuality Coach and a Tantra Teacher. I give people tools to connect on a deeper level, go beyond the physical experience and explore the full spectrum of pleasure available to them.
I have been practicing open relating for the last few years. I live in a Tantric community and I approach relationships - any type of a relationship - as a path of growth, path of spirituality and personal evolution. Speaking to many open couples and singles I realized that the spiritual aspect of polyamory is strongly missing among people who practice it. At the same time, those "conscious communities" are often caught up in their own shadows. In my opinion, it doesn't matter if you're polyamorous or monogamous. What matters is how conscious you are in your relationships. I always say, that to me "conscious comes before open".
Based on my own experience, study of Tantra, social psychology and various forms of personal growth, and my own work with men, women and couples, I decided to share a different approach to polyamory. A view that will show the deeper levels of open relating, which are rarely mentioned in any current publications. And the shadows. I have no intention of glorifying polyamory. I want to present an honest, unbiased path to being with other people, with the hope that you'll find a model that will make YOU happy.